With Fall approaching, I’m sure you’re planning your last get-together with your friends for the summer season. When having a large number of guests attending your party, you want to make serving food the easiest as possible, for everyone. That’s where the beauty of a taco bar comes in!
There are many types of food bars that you can indulge in, such as mashed potato bar, salad bar, fruit and veggie bar, but ultimately, taco bar trumps all. Taco bars are a crowd favorite, and allow all diverse pallets to enjoy the same meal in a variety of ways. Also, it gives you the opportunity to sit down and eat with your friends instead of plating food all night.
One of the best attributes of a taco bar is how easy it is! You just need some key ingredients such as:
- Choice of Taco Meat (or meat substitution)
- Mexican Rice
- Hard and Soft Shell Tortillas
- Toppings such as
– Diced White Onions
– Diced Tomatoes
– EXTRA Cheese (you can never have too much)
You can keep the ingredients (that are best served hot) over food warmers, and wrap the tortillas in foil to ensure freshness.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Use common sense when laying out the food. We suggest the following;
- Plate. napkins and silverware
- Soft and hard shell tortillas
- Varieties of meats
- Beans and rice
- Toppings (HINT: layout in order that you would apply onto tacos)
- Lettuce and tomatoes
- Optional toppings such as onions, jalapenos and cilantro
- Final toppings such as guac, sour cream and salsa
TIP: Offer tortilla chips as well just in case someone would prefer to make nachos instead of tacos.
Viola! You’re taco bar is all set up! Kids and adults will love the DIY Taco Buffet.